Why not Retail Giftaid it?
Why not say ‘YES’ to Retail Gift Aid when you donate furniture and other goods to Emmaus Hampshire?
Emmaus Hampshire can claim Retail Gift Aid on goods you donate as well as montary donations.
If you say "yes" to Retail Gift Aid by signing a declaration form we can claim an extra 25% of the value of your sold items from HM Revenue and Customs.
The revenue raised from Retail Gift Aid will be used to support the vital work we do at Emmaus Hampshire.
At the end of each financial year we write to you to confirm we will be reclaiming Retail Gift Aid on the value of goods sold during that year.
You will have 21 days if you wish to claim the proceeds (less commission).Claims made after 21 days will be considered on an individual basis.
HM Revenue and Customs requirements must be followed in order to claim Retail Gift Aid.
Unsuitable donations will be disposed of at Emmaus Hampshire's discretion.
By completing and signing a Retail Gift Aid declaration form you confirm that:
* You are a UK taxpayer (you must have paid an amount of income or capital gains tax at least equal to the tax that we reclaim on your donations in the appropriate tax year (currently 25p for every £1 you give).
* You wish Emmaus Hampshire to act as your agent in selling the goods you brought into the shop or was collected by us.
* You wish Emmaus Hampshire to claim Retail Gift Aid on all donations you make after the date of the declaration.
* That you understand that VAT and Council Tax do not qualify.
Once you become a Retail Gift Aid donor:
You will have a unique donor number for Emmaus Hampshire.
Each time you donate, label the goods with your donor number or mention your donor number as you donate.
Please let us know if your personal details or tax status changes.
You can do this:-
* At our charity shops.
* By email "firstname.lastname@example.org"
* By phone 01962 868300
You can request to be kept in touch with Emmaus Hampshire events and news when you complete a Retail Gift Aid declaration form.
If you donate in the future please mention you are a Retail Gift Aid supporter.
To find out more about Gift Aid: https://www.gov.uk/donating-to-charity/gift-aid